We are a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO), registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria: CAC/IT/NO 65671. We work on projects that support health systems in providing comprehensive care to all children in Nigeria who are critically ill.
To build and maintain resilient health systems in Nigeria through local and international collaborations with a directed focus on building systems and structures that will support training in the delivery of adequate care for children who are critically ill, in an intensive care (ICU) environment.
- To liaise with the leadership of the tertiary pediatric centers in Nigeria to
establish pediatric intensive care units (PICU)
- To leverage on the existing “Sister PICU” project of the World Federation of
Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care Societies (WFPICCS) to foster an
environment where PICUs in developed countries would adopt and mentor
the newly established PICUs in Nigeria.
- To establish structured core pediatric intensive care training modules with trainers from the United States and Canada to provide frequent blocks of trainings for pediatric
specialists at the teaching hospitals, federal medical centers and specialist
hospitals in Nigeria with an overarching intention to establish a Pediatric Critical training
program in Nigeria
- To collaborate with the new PICU sites in Nigeria and the Nigerian Medical
Council, and provide a healthcare space for monthly Global Health Electives
for Pediatric Critical Care Fellows and Pediatric Residents across the United
States of America
- To ultimately upscale this project to include Pediatric Emergency Medicine
training and services, Pediatric and Adult Medical Transport trainings
services, and Adult Critical Care training and services in Nigeria.